new yorker tomato

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OK here's my observations, being a horticultural judge in my hey day I'm looking for perfection but being limited to photos, the tomatoes (not the plant) in the second picture of Major's post #500. Photo shopped or not that is one very nice truss, very pleasing to these old eyes. After all guys we have to go by photo's only;).
Next Carol's tomato in post #529 very nice :hit:hit:hit looks bigger than mine.
A close tie for second, Collector's plate in post #520, but, in judging a plate those bigger tomatoes should be on the bottom. I had to knock a point or two off for that:(.
Everyone else, good job.

Annette

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
OK here's my observations, being a horticultural judge in my hey day I'm looking for perfection but being limited to photos, the tomatoes (not the plant) in the second picture of Major's post #500. Photo shopped or not that is one very nice truss, very pleasing to these old eyes. After all guys we have to go by photo's only;).
Next Carol's tomato in post #529 very nice :hit:hit:hit looks bigger than mine.
A close tie for second, Collector's plate in post #520, but, in judging a plate those bigger tomatoes should be on the bottom. I had to knock a point or two off for that:(.
Everyone else, good job.

Annette

I didn't even get an honorable mention even though mine are bigger than a tractor? :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am certainly enjoying everyone’s tomatoes. Mines died a second time, I’m having a lousy tomato year.

I am impressed by the pictures of these tomatoes. @aftermidnight that is one beautiful, perfect tomato! Collector and thistlebloom have a lovely harvest @Carol Dee don’t feel bad, at least you got tomatoes! I am dead (literally) last in this competition.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally producing. More to enjoy this week
007.JPG

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Our three plants are loaded, in fact the one that was previously in the greenhouse the branches are breaking under the weight of the fruit.
Tomato sandwiches every day now, don't mind one little bit. The store bought cardboard ones will be here soon enough.

Hubby brought a salad home from the deli to go with the frozen mac and cheese (his night to cook) we threw the tomato slices in the compost and used a couple of New Yorkers, YUM.

I don't think I have ever grown such a productive variety as the NYer other than a cherry. My other varieties are ripening but none ripe yet.

Annette

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Annette, when I read that the New Yorker was a determinant I was immediately turned off and wasn't going to grow it next year. The last thing I need is for tomatoes to come in all at once. But you have changed my mind. The fact that your plants are loaded has gotten my attention! I figured I can roast them and freeze them for when I have enough of other tomatoes to make my salsa. So I will defintely be trying them out next year.

Mary

Latest posts