Newbie from MN! (pic heavy)

StupidBird

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Welcome and keep those photos coming! Wish MY dad would come over with a load of manure for the garden! Wow.

Did you start all those plants from seed? Is that hay/straw used as mulch? wow.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:welcome Fabulous garden. Looking forward to seeing how you do your 2nd year !!! LOVE those boots :)

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
:welcome
Very nice garden! So how did the tomato juice turn out? Did you can/freeze much of your harvest?

Love the boots!
:)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome!!!

Good job with the harvest, just wondering how big your garden is.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome, welcome!!! Looks like you've got a great looking plot for growing! Looking forward to seeing this year's bounty!

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I LOVE PEPPERS! The spicer my food, the better. When my brothers and I were younger, my mother tried every way possible to discipline us- timeout, sending us to our rooms, a good spankin'. None of it ever worked so she tried Tobasco sauce. If we were naughty, she put a drop on our tonque for each thing we did bad. It worked for a while but then it kind of backfired on her because I got used to it and now I LOVE spicy food. I've been to Mexico three times and each time I go, the locals are always amazed at how hot I like my food. Thanks mom! :lol:

ninnymary said:
My first thought was WOW! I was very impressed. It's hard for me to imagine gardens like that when mine is so small. You must really like peppers! :lol:

Mary

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My dad is definitely one of a kind :) He even built me a chicken coop! I tried starting plants from seed, but the winters are so dry here that no matter how much I water I can't get them to grow. I have had maybe 8 successful plants? Luckily for me I am good friends with a nursery owner who will sell me tomato plants for $1.20 a piece and pepper plants for $1.10 a piece since I buy in such large quantities. Those are actually grass clippings from my yard inbetween the rows. It keeps the weeds down and gives me a place to put those clippings!

StupidBird said:
Welcome and keep those photos coming! Wish MY dad would come over with a load of manure for the garden! Wow.

Did you start all those plants from seed? Is that hay/straw used as mulch? wow.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Why thank you! Those boots were the best birthday present i've ever gotten! :) This will actually be my 6th year gardening, 4th year on my own away from my parents.
Carol Dee said:
:welcome Fabulous garden. Looking forward to seeing how you do your 2nd year !!! LOVE those boots :)

Latest posts