Newbie from MN! (pic heavy)

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes, the tomato juice turned out GREAT! I had a glass this morning with breakfast :) I can almost everything I grow but I freeze the little odds and ends at the end of the harvest and I give it to my chickens every once in a while. I also chop up green bell peppers and freeze them for making homemade pizza, hotdishes, etc. Oh, and I chop up my herbs and freeze them for cooking. They are much better than dried herbs, in my opinion.

RidgebackRanch said:
:welcome
Very nice garden! So how did the tomato juice turn out? Did you can/freeze much of your harvest?

Love the boots!
:)

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, I just went outside with my tape measure and it is about 26ft x 43ft. As you can tell by the measurment we didn't really have a plan :p It was more like *till,till,till* "That looks good!". That was probably the only part I didnt extensively plan, which makes no sense :lol:

Jared77 said:
Welcome!!!

Good job with the harvest, just wondering how big your garden is.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No I don't. I have found that it gets WAY too dry during the winter to do that. And I didn't want to put in the money to buy a humidifier and growing lights since I have a heat lamp in my chicken coop going every night :/ I have gotten seeds to work before but only for pepper plants.

sparkles2307 said:
Do you start your tomatoes from seed indoors to get enough grow time?

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HotPepperQueen said:
No I don't. I have found that it gets WAY too dry during the winter to do that. And I didn't want to put in the money to buy a humidifier and growing lights since I have a heat lamp in my chicken coop going every night :/ I have gotten seeds to work before but only for pepper plants.

sparkles2307 said:
Interesting. I grow my tomatoes from seed, but I can't get peppers to get more than 2 inches tall before they die. I've always had to get started plants for peppers.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh wow! That's so weird. I live in central MN which tends to be more dry than northern MN. Maybe that has something to do with it?

sparkles2307 said:
HotPepperQueen said:

sparkles2307 said:
Interesting. I grow my tomatoes from seed, but I can't get peppers to get more than 2 inches tall before they die. I've always had to get started plants for peppers.

Latest posts