Newbie (:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi from SE Missouri! As a semi-temporary fix, you can go to the fabric store and get a couple yards of nylon netting. It's cheap and the fabric is wide. I use that over my strawberry bed (in green) and use rocks and boards to secure the edges, so birds and turtles can't crawl under the edge. I just move the boards and lift the net out of the way to get the berries. Once the berries are gone, remove the netting and give the berries a good weeding.

mydogdory

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Welcome! Your carrots and Howdens look great! As others have said, use plastic netting over the strawberries. If you have never grown Howdens before, you're in for a real treat. They grow very fast and will take over everything around them.

Yeah I have never grown any pumpkin. I'm glad they grow fast!! :D

mydogdory

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hi from SE Missouri! As a semi-temporary fix, you can go to the fabric store and get a couple yards of nylon netting. It's cheap and the fabric is wide. I use that over my strawberry bed (in green) and use rocks and boards to secure the edges, so birds and turtles can't crawl under the edge. I just move the boards and lift the net out of the way to get the berries. Once the berries are gone, remove the netting and give the berries a good weeding.
Will do so!! Thanks! :)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's awesome!! Haha, we should do that!! Thanks! :)
Well, we could but those darn southerners CHEAT and start planting while we have 3' of snow! They are evil. You will find that out when you are on this board enough! The ones from California can be sneaky ornery too!

mydogdory

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well, we could but those darn southerners CHEAT and start planting while we have 3' of snow! They are evil. You will find that out when you are on this board enough! The ones from California can be sneaky ornery too!
Haha lucky them that they can plant that early! :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My name is Baymule and I am one of those darn Southerners that CHEATS and starts planting early! I'll be picking corn in another week or two!

NAH-NAH-NAH :plbb

Corn Peacnes tassels.jpg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My name is Baymule and I am one of those darn Southerners that CHEATS and starts planting early! I'll be picking corn in another week or two!

NAH-NAH-NAH :plbb

View attachment 2700
I told you they were evil...... Listen to those of us from the North. Bay loves to taunt with pix. Next she'll b showing pix of ripe tomatoes! Evil, I tell you!