Newly installed Microsoft program

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
last night Microsoft installed a new program to run our computer. It wiped out all of any program that we had installed in the past including chrome and installed theirs. Now , we get all of the pop - up spam advertising including movie strips with sound every few minutes. ANNOYING AS ALL H * * L !!! NOT to mention the fact that I can no longer be able to spell , skip words or the cursor moves at any time to other words or sentences when typing on any thread unless I correct the errors constantly. Emoticons etc. are all gone too. GRRRRRR !!!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Any chance you could get a computer technician to put your preferred program back in? That really stinks! I really don't like those ads that pop up with sound. They startle me really bad. So I keep my sound turned all the way down unless it is needed for whatever I am doing.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yahoo updated my email too. I hate it. I used to have pages. Now it is one long, long page. Their latest trick is to provide me with an email address when I start typing one in. I don't even know those people, they are not on my contact list. What the HECK?? What if I click on the wrong person and send something to some person I don't even know?

Dear yahoo, I despise, loathe, abhor and detest your despicable email improvements that I did not ask for. You suck.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, when my e-mail carrier updated the format and look of things a while back, I found a button on there to make it return to the old format. So maybe...?? Also, you can find the solution to lots of computer and tech problems on the net. The search process has refined to the point that I just type in specifically what the problem is, and I usually get the correct response on the first try. This constantly amazes me. But them maybe I am easily amazed.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't you get a choice before updates are done? If I'm not havning problems, I always decline the update. How can they just install stuff on your computer without your approval??

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nifty or anyone else ... CAN YOU HEAR ME ? I need all the help that I can get to contact Microsoft, Google, Yahoo or anyone else that I can give them a PEACE OF MY MIND AND A HUGE KICK IN THE BEHIND TO SEND THEM INTO ORBIT for " updating" and "installing" this ????????? program that I had no choice in getting. I am so sick of the constant popup adds , videos, and voice adds that are so annoying that I can just :barnie :duc then I have to back to square one and sign in all over to get back to any site that I may be on . NOTICE TO ADVERTISERS .... I AM TAKING NOTES AND WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT YOU ARE ADVERTISING !!!!! :barnie :duc :rant :somad Wake up and smell the roses !!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm at the bottom of my tray is the sound icon. I can click on it to turn volume up or down, or turn the sound off, that should at least give you some relief from the noise.

If you know how to go into your computer settings, there should be a way to turn off pop ups. I have done it before, have no idea how I did it and sure couldn't tell you or I'd probably mess you up even worse!

Is there a computer shop that could help you?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, what I nightmare. I started using Apple computers only about 9 years ago and never looked back. I can't even remember how Windows work! LOL I send Nifty a message and asked if he can help.

@baymule I used to use Yahoo, but I switched to Gmail. NO problems and it's been 4 years?

Latest posts