Newly installed Microsoft program

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
........ and now Microsoft is about to release the Windows 9 ..... ???? :caf

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
GAAH !!! I was just going to respond to NYboy 's post . Started typing and..... a FULL PAGE ADD FOR FLOWERS POPPED UP had to get completely off this site and go back to chrome, then back to this site and clicked on the random ramblings ... another full page spam add popped up, tryed again and finally got in to type this :barnie

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm, try the Ad Blocker that jackb was talking about! I have no ads on my computer screen. Not even the ones that used to be on this page. Thanks, jackb.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
@jackb, you said to watch out for the fake update notices. Does Ad Blocker send you update notices automatically? How can you tell the difference between the real and the fake? ($6 million question)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@jackb, you said to watch out for the fake update notices. Does Ad Blocker send you update notices automatically? How can you tell the difference between the real and the fake? ($6 million question)

I'm not answering for Jack, but I have Adblocker on Firefox and have never received an update notice.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have never received an update notice from Ad Blocker either. Watch out for Adobe updates. Make sure the link is to Adobe, or you will find yourself using a different browser, search engine and your home page will change. I always check links and pass up a lot of updates.
jackb

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well .................................. yesterday I received an Microsoft update for Windows 8.1................. took about 3 hours ................:caf

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I first turned on my computer on This past Saturday morning, a Microsoft update was being installed. Half hour later ALL TYPES OF POP UP ADDS WERE BACK on when using chrome :duc . I did a virus scan and found 55. Swatted them.... now when I try to use chrome, I still get the pop ups, but by using internet explorer... no pop ups . Wusup ??? :mad: :rant :somad

Latest posts