No Risk Work Bees

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It is cheaper at Sam's too but I like to buy the local not only because it helps seasonal allergies but because it keeps money in the community.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, I just use it for my yogurt and tea. I have a parent who gives me a jar of local honey every year for Christmas. That 12 oz.jar costs $28. :eek:

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like we need to raise our prices! DH & DS sell it for less than $8 @seedcorn and @ninnymary :epHmmm I guess it is what the market will bear. If we price it too high it will not sell. DH is adding 4 more hives this spring. :)

Here's a chart of the average price per pound by month for several years back, if that helps give you some idea. https://www.honey.com/honey-industry/honey-industry-statistics/unit-honey-prices-by-month-retail/

I've seen it somewhere listed for my state (and yours probably has it too), but I can't remember where. Maybe someone from your beek club would know.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everything is relative to cost of living in area.

2 things I NEVER argue about on price-honey (don't want to process honey) and dairy (married wife, will not be married to a cow)!!!!

Latest posts