No use cryin'...part deux.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
So, there I was this afternoon, getting ready to go out and give the animals their evening feeding....had two water jugs filled from the kitchen tap, the chicken scrap bucket and a quart of milk and cream left over from last weeks portion that I had put on the counter to get to room temp. The dairy was for all the animals extra goodie bowl.

In a fit of cleverness I decided to pour the milk out of the glass quart jar and into a sour cream container.

Just in case, you know. Didn't want to drop a jar outside and break it. ;)

So juggling all of this I get to the sliding glass door and put a few things down to open the door.
Picking it all back up I fumble the sour cream container...."OH! OH NO!! OOOOHHHHNNNOOOO!!!!"

Yes. Once again today I spilled milk everywhere! Sheesh. ( is that a modified cuss word Steve?)
Unbestinkinleivable.

Fortunately there wasn't any broken glass, and less milk, and most of that went all over the door mat.

Oh, and there was dh, minding his own business, quietly snoring in his chair, when I yelled the first "OH!" he became comically animated and leaping up he says" What!? What happened? whatsgoingon!!??

he didn't think it was as funny as I did :lol: :hide

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, Thistle'

Sheesh is a cuss word and unbestinkin'lievable, certainly! I hope they helped.

What also may help is something like I had today. Huckleberries. Well, sure they are frozen! But, that was okay because they went on red velvet cake ice cream.

I'm gonna have another cup of coffee just for suggesting it!

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Okay, Thistle'

Sheesh is a cuss word and unbestinkin'lievable, certainly! I hope they helped.

What also may help is something like I had today. Huckleberries. Well, sure they are frozen! But, that was okay because they went on red velvet cake ice cream.

I'm gonna have another cup of coffee just for suggesting it!

Steve
Well sure. I bet that helped you a bunch. Meanwhile, here I am, no huckleberries, no red velvet cake, no cream for my coffee.

Maybe I'll whip up a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. That should help! :coolsun

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Yessss!
:drool

Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting helps EVERYTHING!

:hugs Better day tomorrow

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Go back to bed until tomorrow Thistle. Take the rest of the day off. The stars aren't right for you today. Just be careful you don't knock something off your dresser.

I bet your horoscope reads:

This will be one of those days not to get up from bed. The Comet is in Mercury, Venus is rising, Sol is erupting the biggest solar flare in recorded history, the borealis is a full northern aurora, Mars is in post gravitational prolapse, Ceres and Vega are unknown wildcards, Jupiter and its moons are electrically charged, Saturn is rising, the moon is new, Uranus is tilted, Neptune is past Pluto, and even Charon is bright. This all, every single one, in detrimental detritus to you and milk and containers and stumbling.

=====

Hang in there Kristen. You've suffered lots of pain recently. Take a day or 5 off.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, if I were you I would stay away from milk at least for a few days. Why don't you order take out tonight and have a glass of wine along with it? But please don't spill the wine. :rolleyes:

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the mess. Still I did laugh at your DH. Mine does the same. His startle reflexes are AMAZING. The kids used to wait for him to doze off then touch his foot. He would levitate. Never failed to get big laughs from every one but DH. :rolleyes:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh for crying out loud!! Some days you just can't win. I had a beautiful compost jar that I spent a lot of money on- and felt guilty about. After a few months I managed to drop the lid and break it. I was whining about it, and my wonderful daughter bought me another one. I was so happy! I was carrying it inside and I kind of bent over for some reason... and I dropped the lid to the new container. Aghhh!!! Broke instantly. So, I now have a compost container with a glued lid!!
The other thing I have done on more than one occasion is not attach the top the chicken waterer properly. I innocently take a few steps and bam! that sucker comes apart and water goes everywhere. Mostly inside my shoes though... if you ever wonder why I almost exclusively wear crocs! You know my floors are cleaner than ever when that happens! I think I am going to stay away from milk. Way too dangerous for me!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, I am going to let you borrow my middle name. Grace. It has never worked for me and I suspect, predestined me forever to be a klutz. So you use it for awhile, it fits. :lol:

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
baymule said:
Thistle, I am going to let you borrow my middle name. Grace. It has never worked for me and I suspect, predestined me forever to be a klutz. So you use it for awhile, it fits. :lol:
Bay! That's mean!! Okay, i laughed. A lot. :lol: