No wonder some animals eat their young

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This could get a little long...

Back in the summer I think I may have posted that one of our daughters was living with us while I personally re-plumbed and re-wired the electrical system in the house she bought. Of course she had her husband and two kids with her.

I finished the work and threw them out to live their lives in bliss in their own house...peace at last...or not.

Little did I know, that daughter had told her older sister that she could move in with her once the house was ready. OK, not my problem...or is it...

Daughter one decided to separate with her husband in favor for another worthless idiot (a convicted rapist none the less) at which point daughter 2 decided she didn't want to live there any more. Unfortunately, daughter 2 had nowhere to go.

Since daughter 2 has a small child (my grandson of 16 mos) I really had no choice but to now let her move in. To my surprise, she brought her boyfriend with her...who happens to be the son of my best friend.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to me and Dew...

No wonder some animals eat their young.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tough love is what the experts would tell you. But, when there are kids most of us would do the same. I hope daughter and boyfriend have jobs to contribute. If not send them to the welfare office and give them jobs to do at home. They are not guests. Good luck. My daughter, husband, and 2 kids lived here for 2 years saving for their house, at our invitation . It got trying. They rarely saw a dish they new how to wash. When they moved out I was at the point where i said the boys could stay....but my daughter had to go. Her husband was helpful and still does a lot for me and my husband. It's way more fun with them living 10 minutes away.
So your daughter has her 2 kids living with a convicted rapist? OMG.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Not sure who is living at the one daughter's house now. But there are two kids living there....for now.
I am speechless on the whole situation and not exactly sure what the next step should be concerning the kids. The daughter living here is not working at the moment, but is looking for work. The boyfriend has a job but I did not expect him to be living here. Let's just say I'm not over joyed at that fact.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really feel for you guys. Sometimes our kids make such dumb decisions--you wonder if they heard a thing you said when they were growing up.
Not trying to defend rapists here, but there are quite a few young guys who get convicted of statutory rape when they just thought they had a (young) girlfriend.
As for the other kind, well......
There may be laws in your state regarding having minors living with convicted rapists and pedophiles. There is in Missouri, but it is only enforced randomly.
Good luck, Dew and MontyJ. We'll be sending good thoughts your way.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
So sorry Dew and Monty. But what are you going to do when your kids dumb choices affect your grandbabies? You have to do what you can to protect them.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Dew & Monty I'm sorry that you have to deal with this.

If I was in your position I'd find out what he was convicted of first off. It's a pretty broad term and details matter. Most court records are public knowledge so it's just a matter of doing your homework.

Next Id find out if he's required to notify anybody of his current living situation. Does he need to register your place as his current residence? Is he restricted from being in contact with minors or is there a daycare up the road from you that he has to be so many feet from etc?

Protect you & Dew as well the grand kids. You don't have any obligation to him.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Monty and Dew My heart goes out to you and the grandchildren. Hang in there. Tough love is tough for the parents having to enforce it. Hugs :hugs

Latest posts