No wonder some animals eat their young

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Monty I'm not sure diplomacy is your strong suite but this situation may call for it to protect your grandkids.

I'm about at my wits end with the whole mess. I'm so sick and tired of paying for my daughters poor decision making skills. I'm throwing the bf out. I have enough problems without having to pay for his piss poor life decisions. And you are right, Dew is the diplomat in the family. I'm more like the war department.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My dad always told us "you made your bed, now sleep in it".
Unfortunately neither he nor mom applied that to their one evil spawn.

I think that letting them feel the consequences for their bad behavior is best. They may not ever learn, but there's no percentage in enabling their stupidity at the rest of the family's expense. The grandkids of course are the victims here.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
So sorry, Monty and Dew, to hear that you guys have been put out with all of this and the grandkids are stuck in the middle of it. It's so hard to watch your loved ones make bad decisions and sometimes not know what to say or do to help or at least not run them off. Sometimes, many years later, the kids come to realize they wished someone had tried to talk sense into them. Seems like the boyfriend in your house will be the easier situation to fix. I'd not let him stay either. Visit, maybe. And you have to wonder what's wrong with the other daughter's head to want anything to do with the mess with that criminal. That I would have to be saying something about. Could wear yourself out trying to talk sense into her. My brother has been that way. A lot of long talks, he listens pretty well, nods his head and goes right back to what he was doing, only to return and complain again that he doesn't like the results of his actions. So frustrating. There could be a lot to regret later should anything happen to those children. Maybe both children should go live with their dad until that guy is gone. There should be plenty that can be done to make that happen since it will be easy to prove to authorities that they are in danger.

I had to move back in with my dad a couple times when I was in my teens/early 20's until I got everything figured out. I'm thankful that he helped me out. But I'm sure I did wear him out with my late hours, working and staying out too. You should expect her to be pitching in on what she can, household chores or whatever. My DH and I stayed with my inlaws in the MIL apartment they had adjoining their house. It was a separate unit, but still close enough proximity that we sometimes annoyed each other, but overall we got along fine. We helped with both chores and utility bills too though. This was while we were saving a down-payment for our house, 3.5 years there total. Then when we moved out, they didn't want us to go! LOL. They got a little nibby in our business by that point. All in all, I probably wouldn't do it again, just because it is healthier for the parent/child relationship to get out and be on your own.

I hope things get sorted out and less stressful for you guys soon!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It does sound as if the children could be in danger. If the father gets the kids give him lots of help. That way you can keep contact with the kids and they will always love you for it. So sorry for all of these troubles.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Two kids to two different men.....that's another story also. At least I know the grand daughter is ok. I got to see her the other day :D She was very happy to see me and I have been told that I can see her when ever I want, just be sure thy don't have plans.
At this point in my daughter's life, I am not welcome at her home..... how ever, I am fine with that. Like I said I am only concerned about the baby who is still in that house. If we try to talk to her about what's going on with her , in her eyes we are trying to run her life and trying to tell her who she can and can not have in her home. If that's the way she sees it there is no helping her. So I will stand back and let what ever happens happen. If that means loosing her kids to child welfare so be it. She will only have herself to blame.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks baymule... it's been tough, but it's not like I have never "walked away" from a daughter before. It hurts, but she needs to know that her choices not only hurt her but others around her. And that's something she is not grasping..... she is only thinking of herself.

Latest posts