1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Happy Autumn all! - Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Nor Gyank ~ New Life ~ a female calf

Discussion in 'Gardening With Animals' started by valley ranch, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Sep 12, 2018
    valley ranch

valley ranch Garden Addicted

Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
    Still full of it ~ just don't know do youse ~ Jerseys ~ that's how we can tell when she's ready ~ gets sunken ~ more so back by the tail and stays that way while nursing ```
    Really a leaky character ~ but if you listen ~ you'll learn ~ even your bs stories will improve ```

Go on now bm back to the cheap seats ~ go on ```

2. Sep 12, 2018
    bobm

bobm Garden Addicted

During the 1950's my father ( a Veterinarian ) was a dairy milk tester for San Juaquin County , Cal. In summers, as a teenager, I rode along with my father to collect milk samples from dairy cows. mostly Holsteins, but there were 3 dairies with Jerseys, 95 , 220, and 345 cows per herd. More recently, our next door neighbor had a very heavy milking Jersey and my wife and I would get at least a quart or two of fresh milk . Over the years , I necropsied hundreds of ill dairy cows at a University Vet . Med. Teaching hospital, So I have seen what a dairy cow looks like. Yes, normally dairy cows are on the thinner side , however yours is in much worse condition ... as in a bag of bones , especially when just after a pregnancy and expected to produce milk for her calf and maybe your girls. Now, go give her some good quality feed and plenty of it .

3. Sep 12, 2018
    valley ranch

bm ~ if you keep up your nonsense ~ I will be forced to release a handful of heat seeking suppositories ~ I know how your sort must hate that ~ now ~ go back to the snotty kids section or I will write you up ```

4. Sep 12, 2018
    bobm

bobm Garden Addicted

It seems that your daughters know 1,000 X more about farming than you ever will.

5. Sep 12, 2018
    valley ranch

Yep, she's a smart little darling ```