Nor Gyank ~ New Life ~ a female calf

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Still full of it ~ just don't know do youse ~ Jerseys ~ that's how we can tell when she's ready ~ gets sunken ~ more so back by the tail and stays that way while nursing ```
Really a leaky character ~ but if you listen ~ you'll learn ~ even your bs stories will improve ```

Go on now bm back to the cheap seats ~ go on ```

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
During the 1950's my father ( a Veterinarian ) was a dairy milk tester for San Juaquin County , Cal. In summers, as a teenager, I rode along with my father to collect milk samples from dairy cows. mostly Holsteins, but there were 3 dairies with Jerseys, 95 , 220, and 345 cows per herd. More recently, our next door neighbor had a very heavy milking Jersey and my wife and I would get at least a quart or two of fresh milk . Over the years , I necropsied hundreds of ill dairy cows at a University Vet . Med. Teaching hospital, So I have seen what a dairy cow looks like. Yes, normally dairy cows are on the thinner side , however yours is in much worse condition ... as in a bag of bones , especially when just after a pregnancy and expected to produce milk for her calf and maybe your girls. Now, go give her some good quality feed and plenty of it .

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
It seems that your daughters know 1,000 X more about farming than you ever will.