gardengrower

Sprout
Reaction score
wow sounds like u have a pretty good bit to keep u busy around the house

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
sandspoultry said:
I am outside the big town of Chocowinity, which is 30 min east of Greenville, NC.
LOL... big city livin'!!! :D

:welcome

i_am2bz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi ya'll! I'm near Middlesex in Nash County (mid-way between Raleigh & Wilson)... I saw a couple of "neighbors" in F-V, Sanford, & Raleigh posted on this thread already! Whoot!

I started on BYC, migrated over to SS, where a few people have mentioned TEG, so I thought I'd check it out. Since I have big concerns about the current & future economy, I plan to double my garden space this year so will really need your help! (Gardening in rock-hard clay is the pits! Thank the Lord for inventing raised beds! :lol: ) I'm really looking forward to learning from ya'll!

Hi Wifezilla & BarredBuff! :frow

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! Looking forward to hearing about your gardening experiences! If you are on BYC you mush have plenty of chicken poop- composted that will really improve your soil...

i_am2bz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks, lesa! Unfortunately I don't compost the poo as often as I should...I guess I'm doing the deep-litter method by default out of laziness...:lol:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that will benefit you, as well... mixing the wood chips and the chicken poop into your clay soil, will help loosen it up... I like to collect the poop off the dropping board and use that separately- but I don't have clay soil. What are you planning on growing this year?

vebyrd36

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello all I'm from West Texas. I live on the ranch/farm I was raised on. I enjoy gardening very much. I have had a graden since I was 2 years old. I am a master gardener. My true passion is heirloom varities of all kinds.:watering

Latest posts