North Korea

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Old guy I agree with almost everything you posted. Like Monty said could lead to a 3rd world war. We are not very well liked by other nations. Heck alot of nations hate us.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
In Tucson, Ariz. there is now a movement to give away shotguns to single women and homeowners in crimeridden neighborhoods. With a well armed citizenry ... makes tyrants and criminals think twice before they take action. :smack

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
From the news today, "North Korean army warned the U.S. Wednesday that its military has been cleared to wage an attack using "smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear" weapons."

Kinda like the mice voting to put a bell on the cat, don't ya think? :rolleyes:

msbear

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Old Guy, you da bomb diggity! I love what you wrote and it's all so true! ..especially the part about all of us feeling the need to re-word and reconsider and rethink everything we do as to not offend anyone. Since when has offending anyone because we believe differently a crime???? Differences in opinion occur naturally. It's not a bad thing. We can still respect each other regardless.

One thing about all this mumbo jumbo is that it rallies the US spirit and brings us all together as allies. Our differences seem insignificant when viewing the big picture.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since the idea of respect for differing opinions has come up, let's think for a moment about those who might take a pacifist's position on US policy outside our borders.

I have some experience with this within my family. My mother's family were Church of the Brethren and she was a Seventh Day Adventist. Still, her youngest brothers served in the US military - 2 in World War 2 and one in the Korean War. She married a guy who had already joined the US Army prior to World War 2. Mom was a "Rosy the Riveter" worker during that war.

Respect is a difficult thing to require or even, anticipate. There is forever the danger of the "unpatriotic" label being slapped around by those who would really divide us.

Steve
"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." ~ John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
digitS' said:
"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." ~ John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States
Of course, there is one glaring fault in that theory. The conscientious objector does not object to someone else risking his life so that he, the conscientious objector may continue to object. There will always be those who wish to rule others and are willing to use force to do so. Fortunately, for the conscientious objector there will also always be those who, though they find war repugnant are willing to risk "life, fortune and sacred honor." to resist tyranny.