Northern gardens

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Collector i would leave the log. Cover with soil and plant herbs next to it.

@flowerbug your garden looks amazing. It is so neat and well laid out.

thank you, i'll pass along your compliments to Mom too. :)

it's completely unplanned and after the fact and then i keep making changes to correct the initial mistakes and as i learn what works better. Mom will sometimes say no to what i want to do so i have to figure out something else.

Mom is anti-chaotic, she'd bleach the whole thing if she could, every day... no kidding. :)

i am opposite, i like wild spots but you don't see them in those pictures of the fenced gardens.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Collector , you're garden looks fantastic.
My peppers are stunted, but fruiting. Those cool temps and wind, plus competition with my ever growing maple trees. There's a plan that never was. :rolleyes:
Not showing pictures of my garden, I can only take so much humiliation. But we will have a few potatoes, peppers, tomatoes and Painted Mountain corn.
My free time is mostly spent with the hayburners these days.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Collector , you're garden looks fantastic.
My peppers are stunted, but fruiting. Those cool temps and wind, plus competition with my ever growing maple trees. There's a plan that never was. :rolleyes:
Not showing pictures of my garden, I can only take so much humiliation. But we will have a few potatoes, peppers, tomatoes and Painted Mountain corn.
My free time is mostly spent with the hayburners these days.
But your hay burners support the hay industry, thus a economic stimulus. Plus they are fertilizer producers. Win win....

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
But your hay burners support the hay industry, thus a economic stimulus. Plus they are fertilizer producers. Win win....

Nice save Seed, thank you! :)

There was a day I could do it all, and make a pretty respectable job of it. Somebody has turned up the gravity and I'm moving a lot slower nowadays.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Meanwhile in Oregon... the firefighters finally got the upper hand in fighting a 70,000 acre fire, much of it was wheat fields at point of harvest. Most of this crop was destined to be shiped to the orient... so top ramen will be in short supply.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
now don't you dang yankees wish you could grow tomato plants like this... so do i
mr.charles wilber of alabama sure knows how to grow them...those are some serious plants
wilcol.jpg

he has the world record for the tallest and most tomatoes produced off of 1 plant...

Latest posts