Not a garden topic, but wanted to share my energy $$$

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
journey11 said:
My husband doesn't believe me about the vampire electronics. I am constantly following him around, unplugging chargers and stuff like that.
Have you tried plugging them into power strips, so you can cut the circuit? You will save the plugs, too, because they won't wear out.
(Are you on SS, yet?)

oldchickenman

Leafing Out
Reaction score
At are house the dryer broke last year so they have been hanging the clothes out thru the winter they may frezze in the morning but the sun thaws them out and drys them by the end the day.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Grow 4 Food said:
I work for a utility company and these are a few things that we actually send out to our customers to help them reduce their power comsumption. We actually have certain days of the week that we work "lights out" and only use our desk lamps so we can turn off the huge over head light (and we actually make the power :idunno )
My husband works for AEP (Ohio Power) and with all the cuts they've had to make lately, I'm surprised they're not doing that too! :rolleyes:

ducks4you said:
journey11 said:
My husband doesn't believe me about the vampire electronics. I am constantly following him around, unplugging chargers and stuff like that.
Have you tried plugging them into power strips, so you can cut the circuit? You will save the plugs, too, because they won't wear out.
(Are you on SS, yet?)
That's a good idea. It's so funny though, my husband uses his cell phone as a back-up alarm to wake up in the morning, so he is very obsessive about it being fully charged all the time. (Although it only takes 4 hours to charge.) He takes off with the cell phone charger and half the time I can't find it and when I do, it's plugged into the wall with no cell phone plugged into the other end! I think my best purchase would be another alarm clock--battery powered. :p Our electricity goes out a lot where we live so far out from town.

ETA: I signed up on SS (and I'm on BYC too), but I don't spend as much time on them as I do here!

Wifezilla--my youngest sister has Asperger's, but she is the other way about it--she'll turn the lights off on you! :)

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Beavis: I too have a (PG&E) Smart Meter on the house now. How do I track my usage via igoggle, please?
Here was my experience.

I needed to have had the smart meter installed for about 3 months before I could track it on igoogle.

After that wait, I went to the SDGE website and looked around for a smartmeter link and then followed the instructions in order to hook up the smartmeter data to my google.

And of course, you need to have a gmail account established in order to proceed.

So first:

1) set up a gmail account

2) make sure the waiting period is over from the time of installation.

here is the link explaining it for SDGE...

http://www.sdge.com/myaccount/energynetwork/

Latest posts