not a way to end a week

CanadianLori

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
so sorry to hear about your friend @majorcatfish. i just found out this morning a friend of mine has 2 types of cancer-liver and bowel. the past few times i saw him at the grocery store i thought he was looking a little thin and not quite right. seems he found out less than a month ago. poor guy has been working construction all his life and didn't have insurance up till recently to go see a doctor.

i'm hoping for the best for him and his family. i've known him since we were in kindergarten together and i work with his wife through 2 different jobs. they have 3 kids and a small farm where they have a few animals. he's always been an avid hunter/fisherman and if there was a license for anything to do outside he had it!

I get so angry when I think about all of the money that has gone into research and in spite of this how many family and friends that died of this evil, evil disease.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've lost my grandfather in 2005 and my aunt in 2011 to cancers. my sister went through breast cancer in 2011 and that was tough on her. an uncle on my other side of the family had gone through prostate cancer and i lost my grandfather on that side of the family before i was born to the same thing.

i'm not too happy when i hear the figures of how much people contribute to the cause. but then they give the breakdown of what gets spent for research, advertizing, lobbying, and of course the costs to keep employees and their president and other top staff paid. it's disappointing to see how much actually gets to where it should be used.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
her other daughter stopped by last night to let us know that she passed at 5:57 friday thanked us for everything we had done for her, asked for us to watch over the house..

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, you may not fully realize what a huge blessing you are to the family.
When my folks died the neighbors across the street were worth their weight in gold to us, because of how they had helped my parents throughout the years of being neighbors, and also the support they gave them when mom got sick. They kept an eye on the house for us also because we all live in other parts of the country.

God bless you for being there for them. :hugs

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@majorcatfish I do so agree with @thistleboom . Mom and Dad's neighbors where a Godsend during Dad's last month. They would come over and sit with Dad anytime one of use could not be there. They wept with us like they had lost one of their own. Good neighbors are priceless and I am sure that describes you. Hugs. :hugs

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts