Not for the squeemish....

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
baymule i wish i lived just down the road & could come over & help & learn how it's done. i've read everything & watched u tube videos - but having someone with you makes all the difference.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
baymule i wish i lived just down the road & could come over & help & learn how it's done. i've read everything & watched u tube videos - but having someone with you makes all the difference.
I'll post more about it later, I have to go run errands now. They are all in the freezer now.

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
BayMule
I think a thread on butchering chickens. I think lots of folks could use a tutorial.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
I just posted on www.SufficientSelf.com, sister site to TEG. I haven't processed chickens in many years, so I had to dredge the far reaches of my memory. These weren't Cornish X, if they had of been, I would have done the whole boiling water, plucking thing, so they would be "pretty" dead chickens. :lol: If you need somebody to talk to, PM me for my phone number. Killing the first on is the hardest part. None of it is a fun party, but getting the job done is very satisfactory.

http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=363643#p363643