Now I can finally join the club!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is good news!! They look perfect! It was a sad year for tomatoes here. Too much rain, and not enough heat. Very depressing. I am happy we had a great year, last year- we still have many jars of sauce downstairs. Enough to get us through most of the winter. Yesterday, I noticed the plants were looking a little better- maybe I have a few tomatoes in my future? You are so cute sitting on that tractor.;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
. . . A ripe tomato is not to be taken for granted!

So here they are, my Alaskan Fancy, which win the prize here for the earliest ripener of all the early tomatoes I grew this year.

TA-DA!!!

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/7504_alaskan_fancy_tomatoes_82313_008.jpg
See what I miss by not checking into TEG in over 24 hours! All sorts of things happen!

Congratulations Thistle'! I'm sure you put more than 24 hours worth of effort into these. I mean, just look at the size!

Alaska Fancy, you say? Tatiana claims they are indeterminate but Sand Hill Preservation lists them as "SD" - semi-determinate. Do they have flowers with those ripe fruits???

Four to six ounces, open-pollinated - - might be Early Girl competition!!!

Steve

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nicely done! Those are beauties for sure. They always make it worth the wait.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
canesisters said:
Wow Thistle, those look wonderful. How did they taste? :drool
They tasted good! We had the second one on our pizza tonight. I ate the stem end that I sliced off before putting the rest on the pizza and it was tomatoey and tender, with no hard core. Really yummy after being baked too!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
They look just perfect! :drool You weren't too far behind me. I got my first big tomato about 2 weeks ago, but mine were unusually late this year anyhow. The tractor figurine is too cute. Is that you driving it? ;)