1. a clumsy or awkward youth.
adjective
adjective: hobbledehoy
  1. awkward or clumsy.
    "his hobbledehoy hands"

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have all this tea (Camellia sinensis) in the kitchen cabinet, so what have I been drinking? Spearmint and chamomile.

Theist (from the 1800s): a person addicted to tea-drinking.

There are such words as gruntled, kempt, couth, ruthful, and whelmed. Despite what my spell chequer thinks! They are "unpaired" words. They are sensical, but since communication is our goal, they should be used reckfully.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have all this tea (Camellia sinensis) in the kitchen cabinet, so what have I been drinking? Spearmint and chamomile.

Theist (from the 1800s): a person addicted to tea-drinking.

There are such words as gruntled, kempt, couth, ruthful, and whelmed. Despite what my spell chequer thinks! They are "unpaired" words. They are sensical, but since communication is our goal, they should be used reckfully.

Steve

in my recent rereading of The Hobbit, etc. i was noting the use of language/words so much it was a pleasure. some i could not even find in my el cheapo dictionary (off-line i wasn't on-line as much when reading)... i should have written them down, but i didn't. next time. :) i'm sure i'll be going through them again in a year or two.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
now i want tea. the power of suggestion and language across vast distances. almost like magic. cheers and good night kind sir and all others. :)

Latest posts