Off Your Top Shelf

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Or, your heat mat ...

What do you have sprouting?

The higher shelf in the kitchen is pretty good but the top of my fridge is a little warmer. The best place I have for starting seed. And, these will go back up there and maybe a few more of the Oasis Rosemary will emerge for tomorrow's, day in the sun :):

IMG_20160213_114835.jpg

Steve

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Right now my remaining tomato seeds are sandwiched between damp paper towel in plastic container sitting on the mantle piece in the living room, 6 varieties potted up and under lights in the basement 4 more to go. My Goldman's Italian American aren't sprouting, I probably left them fermenting too long before drying them:(. I did a quick search in my Seeds of Diversity directory (works like your seed savers exchange), found someone offering them in Quebec so all is not lost, I still have time to get and start them. I did the tedious job of separating and potting on one pot of onion seedlings yesterday they started out in the living room too but then ended up ion the kitchen window sill, one more pot to go.
Annette

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Technically it's the top of my radiator. At the moment it's mostly citrus seeds (I think there are some yuzus, some kabosus, a few blood oranges, a few satsumas and what I think are lemonquats.)

If NYboy has started his Johnny Jump-ups, I guess its time for me to fish around for the vial of seeds I saved from my pansies last year and sow them. Probably need to start the cold weather beans pretty soon too.

Oh and I guess the apricot stones I'm planning to play around with should go in around now.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hmmm. I haven't started sprouting anything yet. Unless you count some bean seed I am checking the germination on. I guess I need to at least get my cabbage planted.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
with the day off today due to the holiday, i should be getting my laundry room organized to get my lights going & a new shelf or 2 set up. the 2 times i looked at the thermometer yesterday it was right on 0. here's hoping today will be warmer because i just wasn't productive yesterday sitting by the wood stove keeping warm & cozy.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The speedsters will be the bok choy. I will have some transplants that get a start indoors before going out to the cool greenhouse. I'm hoping to get the timing just right for sprinkling the seed in the mid.

Pampered just a little, the bok choy can be transplanted into the hoop house after that is set up in mid-March. They were a little damaged in there by frost last year. The only way I will be having stir-fry greens by the first of May :).

The onions are mostly on-their-own in the cool greenhouse and I haven't seen a single sprout.

Using the top of the fridge is a little problematic. I have to remember to look up there!

After going back to that warmer location for one more night, the rosemary will have to stay where it is cool. A few more seedlings showed up but the earliest sprouts are leggy. Enough of that warmth and low light! I just hope that they have better light in the South Window today. The 40 mph wind gusts just might move the clouds around enough so that there is some sunshine breaking through!

Steve

Latest posts