Official TEG Poll: What Are Your Plans For 2021?

What Are Your Plans For 2021?

• Buy more garden tools

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Start a garden journal

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Plant a fruit tree/s

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Improve Water Conservation

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Invite local wildlife into your garden

• Use environmentally friendly pesticides

• Start a compost pile

• Declutter my garden shed

• Other (elaborate in the comments section)

• Total voters

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
So purple green beans, transform into green purple beans? My head is spinning... o_O

let the beans get a bit plump with seeds and the seeds themselves inside the pods are red to purple colored when raw. they're edible though when cooked and now i'm hungry again darn it. :) i have to be good the rest of the night though and now until breakfast or brunch tomorrow. grr! :)

p.s. i think you are just pulling my leg here, since i cannot believe you have never grown any purple podded snap beans.

p.p.s. i did happen to find out that the dry beans when cooked up from the Purple Dove can be influenced in color to be either pink or greyish blue by playing with the pH, but best to do it after they are fully cooked.

Last edited:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
p.s. i think you are just pulling my leg here, since i cannot believe you have never grown any purple podded snap beans.
Of course I am! :lol: I've grown about 10 purple-podded beans, and still maintain seed for several... including the "Czechoslovakian" that I grew last year. All of my purple-podded beans are pole varieties, though.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gotta have a little fun here! Purple/green
Green/purple...... as long as they are beans!
Or as my Grandpa would have said, "Whatever makes you toot". ;) I miss him dearly, he could find humor in anything, and loved to tell tall tales. He could convince you that paper bags were made from banana peels.