Officially retired!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get not wanting to drive bus-I’d kill some parents then their kids if they didn't straighten up-I know, no patience....but what are you going to do with your time?

I had to get a part time job to keep me at least appearing sane.
I REALLY will miss most of the kids. Just tired of alarm clocks and bad weather. For LOW pay. I am actually bringing in more with S.S. and IPERS. I hope to do lots of volunteer work. Get back into garden and flower beds. They have been neglected lately. And MIL is taking more attention, too. Plus we would REALLY Like to do some traveling.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
you do know, that most accidents happen at home right? j/k...

we were talking about this a few weeks ago and when Mom left for the day i said, "Be careful out there!" and we were joking about me being careful. she went along and stopped in at a friend's place only to find out that the friend had broken his leg in three places by slipping in some water spilled when he'd made some tea of all things. genteel little tea...

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I REALLY will miss most of the kids. Just tired of alarm clocks and bad weather. For LOW pay. I am actually bringing in more with S.S. and IPERS. I hope to do lots of volunteer work. Get back into garden and flower beds. They have been neglected lately. And MIL is taking more attention, too. Plus we would REALLY Like to do some traveling.
You do have a plan. IPERS?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations, Carol Dee!

You might want to do some research on how to be retired. Maybe joining AARP would help with that. They appeal to a broad range of interests that retired people have. Lots of ads but ours is a consumer society.

I well remember when Dad retired. Earlier, he had said that he would fish, hunt, go camping, travel, and take a nap every afternoon. He did one thing, scheduled naps.

I said, "Dad, you are always angry." He says, "I am NOT!" But, he was. Then, he took a part-time job. After about 18 months, he was a little saner. (See? There's Hope for @seedcorn ;).) He had some time to adjust.

Steve

Latest posts