Oh boy !! It's ......***UPDATE ADDED*** reply #11

janetnjim

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Tiiiiiiiiiiiiime :dance

Got to harvest a couple o' things today.

Picture002Small-9.jpg

Picture007Small-4.jpg

And it's pickle time :weee
Dills in the makin'

Picture019Small-1.jpg

Picture021Small-1.jpg

Oh boy, dills and bread & butters :D
Here's 10 pints o' cold pack b&b's in the makin and in the fridge.
Picture010Small-2.jpg

Picture039Small.jpg

And here's 6 quarts o' hot pack dills.( Most of which will get shipped to our son servin over seas. His moms' homemade dill pickles are one o' his faves.)

Picture036Small-2.jpg

Picture022Small-1.jpg

We also put up a few jars o' pickled sweet banana peppers and pickled beets. These were our first practice run with those. There (God willing) will be mass quantities o' both in the next few weeks.

Picture038Small.jpg

Got a few heads o' broccoli and jist a bit over half a bushel o' green beans. SO FAR. Oh yeah, i allmost fergot 'bout the peas.

And this is only the beginning :D :tools

adeledamate

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
oh, Man. I am sooooo jealous. Can you come live with me and help me can? I'm too afraid to start by myself. I'll take good care of you. All of your canning looks wonderful. Do you have a special canning kitchen? Bread and Butter pickles are, hands down, my all time favorite. And they have to be homemade.

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow-it look yummy!
and I love the brick wall behind your stove. I have one wall that is brick(used to be exterior wall) in my kitchen and I love the rustic look it gives.

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Looks great. Keep up the good work.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, if you go and live with, Adeledamate, then you have to take side trips up here, too. We're in the same state, so that shouldn't be difficult to arrange! :D

Oh, what beautiful photos; I'm swooning here! :)

I'm so glad that you can send those to your son!

Beets are one thing I have pickled all my life, as did my mother, and my grandmother. How did you make yours?

I combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and sweet bay leaves, plus a slew of sliced onions....that's the original recipe, simple but delicious. And lately I've been adding pea sized pieces of rock hard dried ginger (not candied.) and a couple of cloves. Mmmmmm! :)

Thanks for sharing; I now feel inspired....only I'm caught up on both my canning, and freezing! lol! :)

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures! Nice job :)
I have yet to try pickling but then again I only have 3 cukes...all different varieties too. I am going to start some pickling kind this weekend.

Your harvest looks incredible, nice work...you are an inspiration!

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Good for you!! That broccoli looks great with those big ole heads. I only got a few side sprouts off mine before the weather suddenly got too hot. Do you know what variety it is?

Latest posts