Okay, We are Toast

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The community of Wenatchee will make national news this morning. Homes and other buildings are burning there.

This part of Washington State was the location of major fires last year, including the biggest in the state's history, (LINK).

It looks like there will be some rain there soon. Maybe that will help.

Well, enough of this. If I'm getting anything done outside today, it better be in the morning hours.

I

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's so hot and dry out there, I'm very concerned about the fireworks people will be setting off for the 4th. Our neighbors usually start in about now and don't stop until the 6th or 7th. I'm hoping they have the common sense and brains of a gnat to cancel their plans for shooting them off. Not real confident that they will though. :\

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes we've been THOROUGHLY cooked in NW MT. Saturday our deck thermometer recorded 108 as the high, and Sunday it got to 112. We've had 2 small a/c units cranking constantly for 3 days, keeping it around 75 in our bedroom upstairs and 70 downstairs in the guest rooms. Today we've got cloud cover and its AWESOME, so much cooler and more comfortable.

Our first local fire started Saturday, about 80 acres is the most recent update. Right on the western border of Glacier. We're pretty concerned about fires and have been watering around the house so we don't have dry grass. But guess what?! I'm pretty astounded, but when I drive by the fireworks stands there's NOBODY buying! Hardly any going off in the valley. I'm so relieved, people are being smart!! Whitefish will still have the city fireworks, since they launch them from a barge on the lake, so people will hopefully get their pyromania fix that way!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know the feelings of drought and fires. In 2011 Texas had over 30 days of over 100 degrees. There were terrible fires all over the state. Ranchers sold off cattle, pastures burned to a crisp in the hot sun, trees died. Round bales of hay were trucked in from other states and cost from $80 to $150. All the crazy rain and weather we've had has finally brought lake levels back to normal.

Praying y'all get rain and relief from the heat.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today started off overcast and there was just enough sprinkles to turn my truck into a mobile dirt clod. Then it sweltered and I sweated. My body was inventing pores to sweat out of because the original ones weren't enough. Gah! How do you folks who live with high humidity do it?

I was installing a cutting garden and was so excited when I needed more plants cuz that meant a short drive in air conditioning. Where's that sweating smiley?
It was misery, not even a breeze and my clothes sticking to me and the sweat kept washing the dirt into my eyes that I left with a muddy glove.

I admit it. I'm a humidity weanie.

Okay. I'm all done whining. For now.

Latest posts