Okay, We are Toast

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was to be at the Angels Camp farmers market that night, because Umpqua Bank was the sponsor and had featured my soaps in the lobby of their branch. I obviously never showed up cus this was just WAAAAY too important.

Interestingly, I got my back ground check done by the RC, asked for the schedule for the classes to be a certified volunteer, and even when reaching out several times I never heard back. Life gets in the way I guess...

Being in the food biz for most of my life, I do love to help and serve people.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Often the firefighters are in a real stressed situation. They are transported all over the place, put in long hours of difficult physical labor, and are in atrocious work environments.

When the fires come down into the communities, I just hope that they are prepared with government that can function in those kinds of crises. I'm sure it isn't much different from tornadoes but entire states are in this drought. It may become a great burden.

Resources are lost, some, not to be regained. Or, not in our lifetimes.

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ugh, I feel for the firefighters too! Can't imagine tramping around with lots of clothes and gear in a really hot environment all day, then heading back to camp in a tent, usually no showers. Just UGH.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our Kid#1 is a wildland fire fighter. He loves the work and the challenges.
He's been getting a lot of overtime this summer, 14 days on, 2 days off.
We haven't seen him since Fathers Day, but hopefully soon we'll get to go up to his town and take him out for a meal and catch up.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
RAIN!! It is raining! Haven't had a drop since this thread started. 100+ degree days has burnt everything to a brown crunchy crisp. The soil turned to dust. It is wonderful to have rain. I can't wait until morning so I can check the rain gauge.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay! I've been wondering all day how DH is. Guess I'll skip reading new posts in order and go right for the information. If you're happy about the rainfall, I'm guessing we had a successful day.

Latest posts