Okay, We are Toast

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This probably isn't going to help me win a popularity contest on this thread, but we got another 3" today. We sure needed it.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW @baymule That is a nice rain. We got maybe 1 to 1 1/2 over the last 3 days. Could use more. The ground was cracking .

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have had

August (so far): .04"
July: .19"
June: .07"

81 days and not 1/3 of an inch of rain.

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dry early spring, wet, wet, wet late spring into summer, dry July and now were are nearly caught up with our summer's average with August's rainfalls.

All in all it is going to be a good year here. The blackberries suffered from July drought when the fruits were setting, but earlier the black-capped raspberries were fantastic.

I do so wish we had the ability to make it rain where it is most needed right now. A few of so lucky's showers would have gone a long way to alleviating the fires on the Western USA and I would willingly give up a few rainfalls to help.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dry early spring, wet, wet, wet late spring into summer, dry July and now were are nearly caught up with our summer's average with August's rainfalls.

All in all it is going to be a good year here. The blackberries suffered from July drought when the fruits were setting, but earlier the black-capped raspberries were fantastic.

I do so wish we had the ability to make it rain where it is most needed right now. A few of so lucky's showers would have gone a long way to alleviating the fires on the Western USA and I would willingly give up a few rainfalls to help.
Exactly. The west coast is desperate for rain. Praying things get better there soon.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I hope all the smoke isn't affecting you too badly. It actually smells more smoky in my house than when you step outside.
I miss seeing the sky. :(
I'm praying for all the firefighters and people in harms way. Rain would be a great mercy.

Latest posts