OldGuy43 on Gloves

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have found my all-time favorite pair of work gloves:

51I-HOjMNOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Stanley 1807-50 Hi-Dex All Purpose Ergonomic Gloves. Sturdy, cool in the summer. Warm enough for Central Texas winters, comfortable and the feature I really love, (WARNING! Some will find this gross.) a snot wiper. That's right! If you'll look closely at the picture there is a piece of soft Turkish towel type of material right where the thumb joins the body, perfectly placed to wipe your nose when needed. :)

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have to know, does it advertise it as such? Or did you ust find out by accident? :lol:

OldGuy43 said:
I have found my all-time favorite pair of work gloves:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51I-HOjMNOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and the feature I really love, (WARNING! Some will find this gross.) a snot wiper. That's right! If you'll look closely at the picture there is a piece of soft Turkish towel type of material right where the thumb joins the body, perfectly placed to wipe your nose when needed. :)

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I thought that was what shirt sleeves were for? My grandpa taught me as a youngster how to pinch one nostril shut and blow out of the other to take care of the problem. That will send delicate ladies off in disgust. :gig

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
7254_gloves.jpg

These are my favorite gloves to wear. They fit snug so you can feel small weeds, nails, and all kinds of tiny things. I get them from Home depot 12 pairs for $10.00, i use them at work and at home, 2 bundles will last me a whole year most of the time. I like the color of these gloves they are easy to find after I take them off and walk away, So now I only spend about 25% of my time looking for my gloves LOL. I need to figure out something for wiping my nose though HMMM!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like the thin gloves with the latex-ish stuff on the palms made by Atlas. Same reason as Collector, you can feel tiny plants through them, and they're tough enough for weeding. ( Collector, I keep track of mine, if I ever have to remove them by stuffing them in a back pocket. ;) that frees up more time for misplacing other tools ). And...Mary, if you're out there for hours on end, cold wind making your nose run like a broken pipe, it's easy to run out of tissues or a dry spot on your lace hanky, so I employ Hoodys age old method.
Discreetly, I hasten to add, and of course I lift my pinky ever so delicately.

...who knew there were two correct spellings for discreetly/discretely

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
swampducks said:
I have to know, does it advertise it as such? Or did you ust find out by accident? :lol:
I may be mistaken, but I believe that it said something about it on the tag.

ninnymary said:
Oh you guys! What happened to carrying a tissue or handerchief in your pocket? It still works. ;)

Mary
Did you ever try and get a tissue or handkerchief out of your pocket while wearing gloves and operating a chainsaw?

Latest posts