Oldie but newbie

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I not going to say, 'Welcome back' to you HEChicken, since I joined after you and we have yet to meet. Or perhaps we have met. I started with BYC and joined here then forgot about TEG just as you did. Now I seldom get to BYC and L-O-V-E this site and its friendly fellow gardeners.

I am happy that you found -- or refound -- this site. I know you will get all the help you want, advice you seek, and kicks in the rear you ask for as we move into another gardening season together.

Zone 6 puts you about 3-4 weeks ahead of my garden. DH would appreciate your planning. While I do keep good records, those are written as I plant, not in anticipation of what goes where. :frow Welcome! :frow

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome HEChicken!
That makes 3 of us that joined this site, forgot for a few years, and then came back.

I basically grow the same things every year, arranged in quadrants. Each year, I just rotate the quadrants clockwise. We have a couple hoop houses now, and they make the clockwise rotation too. Rotation helps to keep pests down.

Support

Deeply Rooted
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad that you've found your way back. You are very welcome here!

HEChicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Welcome back, and you start pepper seeds this early w/o a heat mat in zone 6????? :bow
I jumped the gun by about a week - I just couldn't wait any longer. The PlanGarden plan provides planting dates for indoor/outdoor (as applicable) based on my zip code and it suggested 2/16 as a good planting indoor date for peppers. I dunno? I'll just trust it for now but it might turn out I wish I'd waited until at least the 16th :)

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just find peppers extremely hard to start from seed, never have been successful. I have sprouted many, just never have got a plant from any seeds I've started.

Latest posts