One Alaskans greenhouse

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The crabs did well this year and we’re in the middle of sauce making and canning them. Typically we process between 8-10 gallons of apples and will have sauce till next year at this time.
Thank you Lord!

since you'd recently talked about salmon i was thinking you were actually talking about crabs and not crab apples. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Crab apples must do better than regular apple trees at your place. I haven't heard of anybody depending upon crab apple trees for their apple needs. USUALLY, people Here plant a crab apple to help bc they will pollinate any other type of apple tree.

around here they are almost exclusively decorative.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today all the drip manifolds were pulled; hosed off and stored. The outside irrigation timers have been off for a month and the Regular rain fall has been more than enough.
After the “molt” the greenhouse is back in production. Tomato's and beens setting new fruit, Cucumbers still making far more than we can eat AND the indoor cukes are thriving as well. Im sure we’ll be eating them in 3 more weeks.
Parsley and Celery never slowed down, neither did the Rosemary bush.

still waiting for some “nice fall weather” to finish up several projects but im very happy with how many things went this year.

Attachments

• BB2FDB13-0483-4758-AF7E-98A5C5E42CCC.jpeg
    BB2FDB13-0483-4758-AF7E-98A5C5E42CCC.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 50

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Alasgun,
With fall and winter coming I bet you use your greenhouse a lot during those seasons! I think I remember you talking about heating it in the colder months. How do you heat it?

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I should correct that misconception! I move into the greenhouse in mid April and am done by mid October and certainly cant keep it going longer because there’s not enough light at that time of year.
i run the Toyo 24/7 to maintain a meen temp of 64 because our summer nights will only be in the 50’s!😳

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I should correct that misconception! I move into the greenhouse in mid April and am done by mid October and certainly cant keep it going longer because there’s not enough light at that time of year.
i run the Toyo 24/7 to maintain a meen temp of 64 because our summer nights will only be in the 50’s!😳
Oh interesting. Are you able to have a garden outside of the greenhouse where you live?

Latest posts