One Alaskans greenhouse

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here’s something you dont see every day! Some folks over in Anchorage had a Moose shed his Antlers in the front yard AND the door bell camera caught it! Pretty cool!

Merry Christmas to you all and like you We’re hoping for a great year in the garden next year!

great! i'd always wondered how they did that. :) shimmy shimmy coco pop...

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Since i kept a few things going in the house this year there wasn’t an end to last season but i’m now making a start on “the new year” by getting 5 gallons of fermented “lupus meiere” ready to go. In a very diluted form this is the first “whole food” the starts get each season.

Lupus meiere = rabbit piss😳 and to a five gallon bucket i add 1 cup each of liquid kelp, molasses, em-1 and fine ground oat flour. This will set in a cool dark place for a month after which it will not have any foul odor And will become what i like to call “Rabbit Wine”. I’ve mentioned before; last year i watered all the starts and house plants with it WITHOUT telling my wife what i was up to! Seriously user friendly indoors.

Diluted 1:10 for starts; water weakly, weekly!
On the established stuff 1:5 a couple times a week seems to he about right.

Last edited:

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Since i kept a few things going in the house this year there wasn’t an end to last season but i’m now making a start on “the new year” by getting 5 gallons of fermented “lupus meiere” ready to go. In a very diluted form this is the first “whole food” the starts get each season.

Lupus meiere = rabbit piss😳 and to a five gallon bucket i add 1 cup each of liquid kelp, molasses, em-1 and fine ground oat flour. This will set in a cool dark place for a month after which it will not have any foul odor And will become what i like to call “Rabbit Wine”. I’ve mentioned before; last year i watered all the starts and house plants with it WITHOUT telling my wife what i was up to! Seriously user friendly indoors.

Diluted 1:10 for starts; water weakly, weekly!
On the established stuff 1:5 a couple times a week seems to he about right.
Very interesting! My daughter cares for fish in her house in two large fish tanks and so she does water changes regularly. She puts the "fish water" from the water changes on all her plants and has reported that they do so much better!

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with gardening other than now that my project season is over; i can get serious about the coming garden season.
This year i completed 2 carbon fiber canoe paddles, a carbon fiber dip net, re handled my scout hatchet from the 60s and built two raised garden beds, along with several smaller things.
Now that were gaining 2 min and 25 seconds a day i’ll have more daylight pretty soon as well.

Attachments

• 9141D220-F2E3-415C-A9B4-C1DAA916DF51.jpeg
    9141D220-F2E3-415C-A9B4-C1DAA916DF51.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 3B6830D6-246A-49F0-BF35-2936DBA57E7F.jpeg
    3B6830D6-246A-49F0-BF35-2936DBA57E7F.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 53

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with gardening other than now that my project season is over; i can get serious about the coming garden season.
This year i completed 2 carbon fiber canoe paddles, a carbon fiber dip net, re handled my scout hatchet from the 60s and built two raised garden beds, along with several smaller things.
Now that were gaining 2 min and 25 seconds a day i’ll have more daylight pretty soon as well.
You remind me of my youngest daughter. She built her own baidarka a couple of years ago!

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today i took the last 2 cukes from the indoor stuff and re-structured the area; getting ready for starts.
i looked back thru the pictures and saw where i took the last cukes from the greenhouse, on October 11th! So my little experiment gave us 3 months of “our own” cucumbers! Nothing wrong with that! Next fall i’ll repeat only with the Sweet success we grow in the greenhouse.
i also noted that my greenhouse cuckes were producing heavily by May 16th, 8 months total.😊

Current residents on this bottom shelf are a pot of Self Heal, Chocolate mint and Rosemary. In a few more weeks i populate the top shelf; starting with Parsley and Celery.

Attachments

• 3C6F3704-FFE9-4507-A5E5-9780CB9502F1.jpeg
    3C6F3704-FFE9-4507-A5E5-9780CB9502F1.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited: