one last project - praying to the weather gods for another week

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
but i don't see it on the horizon. :(

really want to get this pallet/ditch project done more before winter sets in. there's a lot of exposed black plastic and landscape fabric that will degrade with sunlight.

hate working in the rain and cold.

c'mon global warming, one more week soon, plz...

or do i just go out and suck it up and do eet? i may, all afternoon is rain free but cold. i can get a few hours in on this. not sure how much it will take to do, if i can just pull tubes out and move them and then move pea gravel then that gets me further along... hmm... on the cusp. i should just go do it. ok, i'm talking myself into it... going to give a try.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i can't finish the whole project this week, but i can make progress. i'm sore today, but will survive. nothing better for sore than more (well as long as i'm not silly about it :) )...

it looks like i get a bonus day today that i wasn't expecting yesterday. it didn't rain too much last night and i'm working in mostly sandy soil now anyways so it won't matter anyways. hmm, forecast is for windy though. layers and keep moving... i didn't get cold yesterday until i stopped.

i think i will change tactics today. where i lifted the one drain pipe out of i can salvage a lot of pea gravel from that trench and once that is cleaned out a bit more (i'll leave some for drainage) then i can fill it all back in and bury garden debris i have stacked up around there.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
made a little more progress today. snow and rain is not what i was hoping to see this week. i may be able to squeak part 2 Friday and Saturday. that might be it until spring on this project. would be nice to get part 3 done too - that would be another couple days.

the good news is that the annoying pathway between the two gardens is now scraped bare of pea gravel and dirt so it will be going bye-bye eventually. it was about half dirt from the uphill garden. i'd hoped an edge i put in place would work better than it had - gravity wins...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your best bet is today and next Sunday.

that is forecast for rain/snow here. FriSat are both down for being clearer but cool. i can survive cool because i'm working hard enough anyways and have a few layers on. rain/snow, nah, i won't work outside in those unless it is shovelling snow off the driveway.

i'm still hoping for a few more warm days after the snow/cold of next week. give me a tropical vortex for a change instead of the polar ... :)

Latest posts