Online Ordering.

Presto

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been reading about doing natural flea stuff.
One of the plants I need is Tansy, I read they can just about take up your yard so I would Plant them in pots. Can anyone recommend an Online place to order some diffrent plants? thanks so much!
LoriAnn

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
LoriAnn, I don't know if they have tansy (gosh, there's a lot of that stuff along the roadways and waterways here) but Richter's has a wonderful selection of herbs including plants.

Wait a minute . . . they DO have tansy plants! :eek: "Good goobly goop!"

You may want to read this on fleas!

And, this on yard pests!

This is something I really like about Richters - they have lots of info on their website :).

Steve

meriruka

Sprout
Reaction score
I bought some Tansy from Richter's. It repels pretty much everything , including me.
It smells pretty dreadful. I was much happier with the Pyrethrum. (Also from Richter's. ) They have some really hard to find stuff.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Keeping pests out of the house may have been one of the reasons older homes so often have mints planted around the foundation. Of course, once the mints are there . . . they aren't all that easily gotten rid of either :p.

I don't much mind since my backyard tends to look a little more like a barnyard than anything landscaped. The lemon balm wouldn't be a first choice. I just don't like the flavor and it's quite vigorously invasive. There are lots and lots of mints, however. Whether they would limit fleas in the yard - I just don't know. Somehow, I think they'd be a real deterrent in pet bedding.

I recently learned that mint oil inhibits potato sprouting :eek:. It's been investigated for that organic purpose.

Steve

Presto

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi, Thank you everyone. I have alot of work to do around here, its my first house & the old owner was an elderly lady & there was no rym or reason to the familys gardening or planting. I have a patch of dirt for a front lawn, & I ripped up the weeded garden bed...
They sure did love onions....lol. I really would love to plant Lavender, I have the perfect sunny spot under a window & the soil is a little sandy too. I thank you very much for the online site, I will check it out.
Have a great day.
LoriAnn