only took 20 years

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last roofing job I did was my old house after hurricane Ike dropped a 100 year old oak tree on it. 35 squares, got it done in 3 weekends. My husband didn't think I could do it, I sure showed him. LOL
Well of course YOU did. I am not getting up there. I do the ground work. Pick up shingles, cut to fit, run drinks and make meals.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well of course YOU did. I am not getting up there. I do the ground work. Pick up shingles, cut to fit, run drinks and make meals.
My husband tossed water bottles up on the roof. A guy from work helped me, we tore off shingles, replaced decking and covered it with roofing felt the first weekend. We roofed it the next two weekends. I’d come home from work and go up on the roof until dark.

Any chance your husband says "You can't do that," so you say , "I'll show him?"

He not only said I couldn’t do it, he poured gasoline on the fire by telling me, YOU ARE TOO OLD! I was only 54.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband tossed water bottles up on the roof. A guy from work helped me, we tore off shingles, replaced decking and covered it with roofing felt the first weekend. We roofed it the next two weekends. I’d come home from work and go up on the roof until dark.

He not only said I couldn’t do it, he poured gasoline on the fire by telling me, YOU ARE TOO OLD! I was only 54.

That husband of yours is smart like a fox. :lol:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score

No one should ever accuse him of being a dumb guy!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score

Roofers wanted $17,000. After a hurricane, the prices go up. By doing it myself, paying my coworker, materials, I got it done for under $4,000. Now who's the smart one? ;)

You're plenty smart Bay, but I still vote for your hubby, he knows which button to push ''you're too old!" :lol::lol:

Latest posts