order not arriving...

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I ordered from Park Seed last friday, i go to ask them if they got my order and they said to wait till Tuesday, it should of gotten there by now. I'm upset because i ordered the innocolent for my peas so i cant plant the peas until i receive the innocolent and i can't wait too long, i need to get the peas planted by now.

Thanks!!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
most catalog stores at this time of year takes close to 10 -14 days or more to deliver...I hope you get your innoculent soon

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
thanks momofdrew, i hope it comes soon too. Its nerve wracking especially when i have the urge to plant now.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My understanding is that the inoculant is soil bacteria that fix nitrogen, right? I don't think you will actually need it until the peas sprout, so theoretically you could plant them and then add the innoculant later, in the root zone. Yes, that would be a huge PITA and probably not worth doing, but if you feel crunched for time, it is a possibility, anyway.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Never mind guys, i just called them back 5 mins ago and they said that they got my order :D which is great, now i hope it gets shipped by this week.
Thanks anyways for all the suggestions and tips, i appreciate it!! Hopefully i can plant the peas soon.

Thanks Again!!!!!;)

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good luck getting those peas in! I'm still waiting for the abnormally wet and cold weather to leave us here so that I can plant mine.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Good luck getting those peas in! I'm still waiting for the abnormally wet and cold weather to leave us here so that I can plant mine.
Thanks DrakeMaiden, i thought you could plant peas when the weather's cool. I wish you luck for plenty of warm sunny days ahead.

Good Luck!;)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good luck with them right now, they are so crunched over there that it is taking up to 2 weeks or longer to get orders.

My friend stef ordered some seeds back mid feb... they just randomly showed up in the mail like 2 days ago. She called 2 weeks ago to cancel and get a refund... instead of refunding her they double charged her. Last I heard she finally got it fixed, but she had to call back twice after that and no manager was on duty.

The seeds showed up anyways?! :/

No more orders for me this year. From here on out I will goto the nursery for any last minute stuff.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 -- yeah, I think for the ENTIRE rest of the country you can plant peas in the cold weather. Unfortunately here if you plant and the soil is below 40 degrees there is a very high probability that the peas will rot before germinating. Somewhere I saw a chart that listed germination rates for peas and if it is under 40 degrees (soil temp) then it can take something like 3 weeks. Chances of significant rain over a period of 3 weeks is pretty high here. I'm not sure if that is the only factor or if our soils are just more inducive to rotting peas? I dunno.

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I ordered a little while back from Baker Creek and they are usually very fast. It took more than a week and they enclosed a note saying they were so swamped they were running behind. Still very quick shipping I though. But I think most companies are getting too many orders to keep up with it.