Organic vs Chemicals.....

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Results can be way off based on the fact that if the rat strain is one that is very suseptable to tumors or not leading to self serving conclusions.

sweetrabbit

Sprout
Reaction score
I don't believe Roundups are good. Still best to go the organic way - natural and organic products.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Organic products are more expensive to grow on a large scale. Monocropping does not go well with organic methods.
On a small scale and in home gardens where many different veggies are grown in the same garden it is actually cheaper, as well as healthier. If you spend some time looking there are all sorts of free organic materials available and they are usually grateful to you for taking it off their hands.
I know of a case in New York City (hardly a place you would expect to find abundant oraganic material) where a group of Italian families grew their gardens using horse manure. They had cut a deal with the New York mounted police stable to muck out their barns free for the free manure.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
plainolebill said:
I completely agree with Marshall with respects to Monsanto, they want nothing less that to control the world's food supply. As far as GMO I'm afraid you are misinformed: Europe has banned GMO foods as should any other civilized country. Hybrid is one thing but GMO constitutes a threat to survival of species that are modified.

The majority of our corn crop, which is to say the largest crop grown in the US, is GMO to be resistant to Roundup and Corn Borers. Guess what? The weeds are adapting as are the corn borers. This has the potential to have disastrous consequences.

I won't plant any seed from any subsidiary of Monsanto.
I'm afraid you are misinformed as Europe has not banned GMO foods. We export TONS of GMO's every day to them.

Look up aspiregillus molds or fusiarium molds. It is rampant this year in our nations food supply. It's 100X worse in organic and non-GMO products as the Bt in the GMO killed the insects before they caused a lot of damage. Those of you not in Agriculture have no realization how bad it is. Without GMO we'd either be spraying insecticides every 14 days or we'd have to junk 50% of the crop this year. Don't get me started on the bird damage as they are attacking the corn crop in search of insects--they are doing more mold damage than the insects are.

Don't want to plant anything from Monsanto, it's still a free country.