Organic Weed Patch Farm

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wasn't clear. We have a lot of wasted ground that could be utilized as grazing for profit. Think of all the $$$$ spent to mow, maintain. I don't consider utility companies private but technically they are.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
We came home last evening. Driving on I-5 ... between Eugene, Ore. and Salem,Ore. is the " Lawn Seed Capital of the World" ... for about 40 miles, on both sides of the Highway are thousands of acres of fields of Annual Rye Grass grown for lawn seed production about 2feet tall. We saw one field being harvested right next to a couple that were just harvested. One field had about a hundred yearling beef grazing on the cut grass, while the other field had hundreds of sheep . Not a weed to be seen in any of the seed producing fields ! ;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wasn't clear. We have a lot of wasted ground that could be utilized as grazing for profit. Think of all the $$$$ spent to mow, maintain. I don't consider utility companies private but technically they are.

I wasn't talking about them grazing utility easements...somebody else mentioned that. I was just talking about a goat herder making money with his goats.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here in the east bay hills right where development stops are hundreds of acres of undeveloped land. I'm not sure if it's county land but my cousin who lives on the edge there says they bring in about 500 goats for one day. They clear everything then they move on.

Mary

Latest posts