Our Garden

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well we have everything planted in this garden but the blue potato's. We are waiting on them to come in the mail.

We planted lettuce (two kinds), bell peppers, banana peppers, choi (sp?) jalapeno peppers, eqq plant, squash, tomato's, mustard greens, collard greens, green onions, regular onions, arugala (sp?). We are going to make a seperate area for the yellow and orange meated watermelons. Those are for wine making.

We also got a couple of lemon trees

Here is a link to the garden and the silly garden "furniture" that we started building.

PHOTOS <-------Klick

smom1976

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow you have such wonderful looking soil with lots of goodies added.. and that furniture.. YOU MADE THAT!! how neat..

I think that they are wonderul pics.. is that a citrus tree in a pot?

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
smom1976 said:
Wow you have such wonderful looking soil with lots of goodies added.. and that furniture.. YOU MADE THAT!! how neat..

I think that they are wonderul pics.. is that a citrus tree in a pot?
Yes, lemons, we just bought them that way. We are gonna plant them soon. That little thing is a Bay Laurel (sp?).

That furniture is old wood that comes off of peoples privacy fences that I get for free. I sell some of the furniture (never more than $20 and often less). Bird houses go for $5. I also trade for empty cork stlye 750ml winebottles.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wow... its all gorgeous! I'm so jealous to see so much growing so well so soon. All my raised beds are covered in plastic right now while its snowing like crazy!!! :lol:

Athena

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Texan......... Gorgeous photos... and great job thus far..
Keep the photos coming so we can see the progress.

VFEM
??.. SNOW??? Your not that far north from me?? I go home in 12 days!!!! and I'm looking for some serious warm weather!!!
Not snow!!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Athena said:
Texan......... Gorgeous photos... and great job thus far..
Keep the photos coming so we can see the progress.

VFEM
??.. SNOW??? Your not that far north from me?? I go home in 12 days!!!! and I'm looking for some serious warm weather!!!
Not snow!!!
Oh yes my dear... horrible horrible SNOW!!! I did see Georgia got it even worse then us! :ep

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
For some silly reason I stated that those fruit trees were lemon. They are not. They are Dwarf Calamondin