sFun_duh2.gif

Of course!
How silly of me.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Ummmm... so how do you get in?
It is a hallway that goes right into the room. Consider that 100 years ago, the 2nd floor was probably attic storage space, changed afterwards into bedrooms. They Could have put a door in this room, but chose not to. Somebody in the future could put a door in. I choose to spend my money on other house repairs. If I won a small lottery I would be looking at a new kitchen. Next April I am looking at upstairs replacement windows + one for the downstairs bathroom window.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
As you may know, I am remodeling our home... I had to replace all of the vinyl covered interior trim around all of the windows, doors and closets with 1" x 4" Doug fir. Since I received a gift certificate from Benjamin Moore paint company for 2 galons of paint of my choice, :celebrate I went to one of the Benjamin Moore Paint stores to redeem the certificate . I got 2 one gallon cans of Interior Regal Select Semi Gloss Enamal . I looked at the listed price and just about had a heart attack ... $ 59.98 / gal. :th. Good thing was that I had the gift certificate. Since my wife wanted a different color for the wood trim for one of the bedrooms, I went to Home Depot and purchased a quart can of Behr semi gloss enamel paint for one of the bedrooms. I just about had another heart attack at the price ... $ 15.98 per qt. :th( last week, the price was $4 less., and the gallon price was $29.98 /gal when I was pricing the paint. Seems like during Holidays when they lure people in with "Sale pricing" , they compensate for it with an increased pricing for the non gift type items. :he
All of the pros like Benjamin Moore. I have been using HD Behr ever since Consumer Reports rated it #1 paint many years ago. I had a pro paint some rooms after some insurance damage and bought Behr for him. He admitted it was pretty good. I do love their commercials, though.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
My wife wanted to paint one of the bedroom wood trim white, I purchased one quart of semi- gloss enamel Behr paint . This paint is very watery and was very runny as it literally streamed off the sponge brush after dipping the brush into the paint ( also had many drips onto the plastic sheet I put onto the floor ) , so I had to paint the raw wood 3 times . I had to paint the window trim and around the closet another time as the first 3 coats didn't entirely cover the trim satisfactorily. Meanwhile, the Benjamin Moore semi gloss enamel paint is much thicker and did not run off the sponge brush and did the job with 2 coats on the trim on a sliding glass door as well as on 5 windows, 3 closets and around 6 doors.

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Many times I will pass a house painted a strange color and think has to be oops paint :lol::lol::lol:
There was a beautiful new home in our town that was painted all pinks and white. The wife died a week after they moved into the home. I did not mind all of the pink but many people made fun of the house. One of my friends is color blind. He thought it was the most beautiful house. I don't know what he actually sees but the contrast was brilliant to him.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
A while back, a work acquaintance of mine had an open house to let people see her new house and décor, that she had been talking about for months. It was a lovely house, but she had it all painted pink inside, with pink prints and stripes on fabrics. It was supposed to be a dusty rose or something, but it looked pink to me. I kinda felt sorry for her husband and son. I mean, being around that much pink all the time might be emasculating. What there was left to do, anyway; she had already done a pretty thorough job of emasculation on hubby.

Latest posts