Paint prices

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Friend was head ground and house keeper of a billionaires house. The billionaire had some person from Cali fly in to paint one room a pink with a certain texture. Took him 6 months. Painter lived on the premises while he completed his job.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My wife wanted to paint one of the bedroom wood trim white, I purchased one quart of semi- gloss enamel Behr paint . This paint is very watery and was very runny as it literally streamed off the sponge brush after dipping the brush into the paint ( also had many drips onto the plastic sheet I put onto the floor ) , so I had to paint the raw wood 3 times . I had to paint the window trim and around the closet another time as the first 3 coats didn't entirely cover the trim satisfactorily. Meanwhile, the Benjamin Moore semi gloss enamel paint is much thicker and did not run off the sponge brush and did the job with 2 coats on the trim on a sliding glass door as well as on 5 windows, 3 closets and around 6 doors.
I have never had that problem.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Our law associate was prepping their old house to sell this year. She had all of the walls repainted and she says that the most popular wall color now is grey! :tongue
MY new office will be Georgian orange, bright and sunny but TOO bright and sunny for a kitchen, IMHO.\
Hard to find a photo that I had saved, But mix more orange with the paint color for the Bowood house with the stairs photo.
https://www.houseandgarden.co.uk/gallery/how-to-decorate-a-georgian-house

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our law associate was prepping their old house to sell this year. She had all of the walls repainted and she says that the most popular wall color now is grey! :tongue
MY new office will be Georgian orange, bright and sunny but TOO bright and sunny for a kitchen, IMHO.\
Hard to find a photo that I had saved, But mix more orange with the paint color for the Bowood house with the stairs photo.
https://www.houseandgarden.co.uk/gallery/how-to-decorate-a-georgian-house
Illini Orange with blue trim?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Ha, ha!!! Good GUESS, but nope. NOT an alum and NOT a fan. Spent too much time with University folks.
I had considered painting the woodwork white, but changed my mind, so it will remain deep, dark brown, like walnut.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good for you as being a fan of those sports teams just brings tears, frustration and heart ache....... I know from living it...

Latest posts