Painted plywood floor

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!
You've given me a much needed confidence boost. It's hard to make a jump like this without someone to bounce ideas off of. All I've got is the voice in my own head .. and I can't always tell if it's being creative or just crazy. o_O

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's what the paint or polyurethane will be for. :D

I talked with a friend last night and she is all for helping me rip up the carpet. She's been listening to me whine about how much I hate it for years.
I've got some fence work coming up to get the back pasture ready for the extra cows, so this is going to have to wait a month or so. But I can start paring down the clutter in the mean time.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
When we built the chicken house, we put in a plywood floor. I bought a $5 gallon of "mistake" paint, a latex enamel I think it was, in a gaudy "center stripe" yellow gold. I used about 3 coats. This was nearly 5 years ago, and the floor has not disintegrated at all, with rain blowing in and wet poopy straw on it. Still shiny and new looking. Go for it!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
When we built the chicken house, we put in a plywood floor. I bought a $5 gallon of "mistake" paint, a latex enamel I think it was, in a gaudy "center stripe" yellow gold. I used about 3 coats. This was nearly 5 years ago, and the floor has not disintegrated at all, with rain blowing in and wet poopy straw on it. Still shiny and new looking. Go for it!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's the one!
(tool for faux wood-grain)

I used one of those to wood-grain my first front door (steel). It turned out very good. From a distance it looked like wood.

I have some floor work to do this week. An open apartment has wood floors that have worn to bare wood with stain around the edges. I redid two other apartments in the same building by cleaning the floors really well, spreading stain to even out the color, and putting down three coats of polyurethane.

The finished floors still have the "character" of years of scratches and gouges, but they are shiny and look nearly like new. That is my goal for this apartment. Not 'properly' done -- since I don't start by sanding clear -- but very nice results.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well darn it, I see I posted in triplicate again! This "new" laptop is just about worthless. If you are thinking of getting a new one, do not buy a Lenovo Flex 3. I can rarely even post anymore. It is as slow as molasses.

Latest posts