Painted plywood floor

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
THANK YOU @baymule !! Your floor looks amazing!!

@MontyJ , I appreciate the warnings. Just about every time I take on a project I come to a point where I have to stop, stew a while, and re-think the whole thing because I did not see a problem coming.
The bedroom is a simple rectangle. The only tricky parts will be the vents and the closet. :) If this works, I'm only going to be re-doing the rooms that currently have carpet - 2 bedrooms, den & dining room. Everywhere else has vinyl and still looks great. The cost may come out the same, but the work to keep clean (with 2 dogs, 3 cats and MY shoes) will be GREATLY reduced.
In THIS house, the door clearance will be the least of my worries. There is a gap of about 3" under every door. When the kittens were little I had to wedge a carpet covered 2x6 under every door that I didn't want them squeezing under.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do one room at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. The best way to drag out old carpet is to cut it into strips about 2-3 feet wide and roll them up. Same with the pad. For me, the best way to get on the floor to pull out staples, nails and tacks, was to get a small piece of plywood, plop my butt on it and scoot around. No crawling around on my crapped out knees! As you finish one room and put the furniture back, you will get excited and it will motivate you to do the next room. But if you tear it all up at once, the feeling of having to fix ALL of it will be overwhelming. Be sure to take pictures and give us blow-by-blow details!

Latest posts