Painting the Wrap- a- round porch

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was going to start my own post about painting outside. Our front porch needs a little repair and paint. I thought the paint was just peeling off, but I opened the door this morning and about 6 birds flew off the porch. I think they are pulling on the edge and peeling the paint off. The same birds I posted about that get in my garden and break off the tops of pepper plants. With temperature highs in 50s and 60s with lows in 30s, is this warm enough to paint the porch?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was going to start my own post about painting outside. Our front porch needs a little repair and paint. I thought the paint was just peeling off, but I opened the door this morning and about 6 birds flew off the porch. I think they are pulling on the edge and peeling the paint off. The same birds I posted about that get in my garden and break off the tops of pepper plants. With temperature highs in 50s and 60s with lows in 30s, is this warm enough to paint the porch?
My paint said paint at 60, and I think not below 30 at night.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
porch for TEG.jpg

We installed a bird block over the ledge to keep the birds from nesting. That's what started the project. The birds took a liking to nesting and roosting Making
it a poopy mess. I enjoyed watching them fly in to land and turn and leave. One coat of paint done on the porch deck with rain tomorrow. It will be a few days before I can put on the second coat. New railing needs more paint and installation. Looking good so far. What do you think?

Latest posts