Pallet Chicken Coop....going up UPDATED: 11/28

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
In my experience, the term quiet rooster is an oxymoron. :D
I've had New Hampshires, Easter Eggers (aka: Ameraucanas), Buff Orpingtons, and Buff Rock roosters and every one of them have crowed loudly and often. After awhile I got used to it and, luckily, the neighbors never complained. Maybe someone else knows a better answer.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh!

Now I understand your Elmer Fudd quote!

Is the sandhill preservation site a pretty good one? Know of any good online resources about reading about care and needs of chickens?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Years, decades ago, my sister and brother in law had chickens, they pronounced the name Aracauna, I think the same as you called them. Their Rooster, ole Ben, was real loud!!! Joke was that sometimes he was in a different time zone...maybe the sun's rising in hawaii or the himalayas or somewhere.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Sebright bantam rooster Cecil was a kick! A little squeaker :D.

I especially miss the beautiful Gabe, a Silver Spangled Hamburg. He had big, frumpy Black Australorps to look after so he was not in the least flighty, as these birds have a reputation for being.

I have never bought chickens thru Sand Hill. They certainly have a selection! I have felt that their Brooder Yard Greens - Chicken Treats are a good idea and have suggested it to gardeners before. Check out Backyard Chickens forums for advice on chicken keeping :).

Steve

Latest posts