Panic attacks

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, so glad you finally found a chiro that is helping you. My husband went to one for 3 months and I don't think he is a good one even though I know him personally. He never took x rays, just kind of cracked his back. He will be going to a different one next week but he works out of different gyms so I don't know if he has access to the right tools or equipment.

Our body alignment affects so many things. Stuff we don't even realize or make sense. You many have to do monthly maintenance with your chiro.

I'm curious, did your other doctor ever do a sleep study on you for sleep apnea?

Mary

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, so glad you finally found a chiro that is helping you. My husband went to one for 3 months and I don't think he is a good one even though I know him personally. He never took x rays, just kind of cracked his back. He will be going to a different one next week but he works out of different gyms so I don't know if he has access to the right tools or equipment.

Our body alignment affects so many things. Stuff we don't even realize or make sense. You many have to do monthly maintenance with your chiro.

I'm curious, did your other doctor ever do a sleep study on you for sleep apnea?

Mary

I hope your husband finds a good chiropractor. I do not have symptoms of sleep apnea. I do not wake up gasping and I do not have daytime sleepiness. I had a normal day Friday, Saturday and slept both days. I got up Sunday and went to church and then did some winter prepping of the hutch and cleaned their boxes, took a wheelbarrow of rabbit manure to the garden. We decided to go to Sunday night service and both times Evelyn is there, so I did some lifting. I lifted her Sunday might and felt my shoulder start to hurt and my left eye started twitching some. I was pretty tired. I did sleep fine, but woke up to let the cat out and kind of breathing just a little different and after fixing breakfast my throat kind of caught. I have an appointment today. I am not fixed and like you said, I think I will be going for maintenance probably all the time. This chiropractor use the Gonstead Technique and applied kinesiology. You might look at chiropractors in your area and see if they do either of these. There are not many that know Gonstead. I am not really even sure what it is. Hard to explain.

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have been too many, many, many chiropractors growing up. I never saw a medical doctor until I was about 19 when I had an infection in my hand and needed antibiotics. There are different kinds and I knew that I had something wrong that most likely an ordinary chiropractor would not fix and the first 2 did not. This last chiropractor I chose has been one for 35 years. He has been around the world traveling and has worked on actors, Olympian athletes, Princes and Princesses in other countries. I am not sure what it is called that he does, but he looked at my x-rays and listened to my symptoms and listened good, and told me what he thinks needs to be done. The first doctor thinking it is emotional, anxiety, need to breathe and relax was wrong. Yes, once I am having my throat close and not breathing right then I am having anxiety, but not the other way around. I have been going 3 times a week. Friday after going I was normal all day, slept at night, got up Saturday and went to Costco and Winco, washed dishes, cooked supper and I was fine. Kind of getting stiff in neck and shoulders, so I used an ice pack. I slept all night and this morning I am fine and going to church in a bit. I have 3 places he is working 2 in neck and 1 in back. The head injury I do not think is causing the major problems. I misunderstood what he said. I have a place at the C1-C2 and it has to do with your brain stem and breathing. When I am breathing wrong, it is a nerve causing it. This even caused me to lose my appetite, no hunger and also no getting up at night to go to the bathroom, even if my cat woke me up to go out, I just went back to bed. I am back to normal with all that. My son-in-law goes to a different chiropractor with migraines and he was told to stand while doing computer work. Our heads bending forward all the time is causing a lot of problems and I have been typing for a living for almost 20 years and then recently took up sewing. I listened to the chiropractor's wife talk to an elderly patient. He walked in with a cane and she said you do not have your walker anymore. I will start going less to him, but I will need to learn to be careful with how i hold my head and may start standing to type, but I am going to ask him about exercise that may help.

I have so many crazy symptoms that other doctors would say are anxiety, but he listened and he said that between your ribs you have nerves and mine are all irritated. Sometime with my neck, my shoulder, and between my shoulder blades. The reason I was not hungry and going to the bathroom correctly and breathing oddly, and I can feel like a fluttering in my ribs and sometimes my chest. He said it is neurological. He ordered some vitamins for me. I found the reviews on Amazon interesting about anxiety, depression, in the comments. I am not depressed, even though I have been through a lot, but was getting kind of down thinking all the time about breathing. I have not tried these yet, but it will be interesting to see, although I am a lot better already. Tylenol would stop some of the crazy feelings. I will let you know how this works on me. https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Process-Min-Chex-Emotional-Supplement/dp/B00KEF0VJQ

Wow!! sounds like you found a good one. Makes me wonder if I should just go get xrays done on my neck to take with me so they could see what was actually going on there.