Paste tomatoes

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Romas are still my fav. Have tried a few different ones but romas still out preform for size, solid-ness, ease of peeling.
I may be taking this back. On a whim I picked up several Juliet 'cluster' tomato plants. They have produced like CRAZY. This past weekend I got 34lbs of golf ball sized fruit. I washed and froze them for canning later - so can't say how they'll taste and such... but WOW they sure make a lot of 'maters.

Crazy Gardner

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I had a patient at work the other day tell me about how he has been getting free apples from trees all over town, and makes his own apple sauce. He offers the apple tree owners a jar or 2 in exchange. Today after work, I took a drive around town, mostly the older areas, and sure enough, found half a dozen trees. Then I got an idea and put out an ad on Facebook marketplace, and got half a dozen replies for all the apples I could ever use.

Crazy Gardner

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Never heard that about potatoes, interesting. That’s a lot of beautiful garden! Wow!

Looked it up, seems the blossoms are only for when the potatoes make seed, may be totally unrelated to potato production.