Pea Pods!

GardenGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We have one tiny little pea pod ourselves and are excitedly awaiting for the other flowers to do their thing as well!

As for what can it hurt to eat one pod, Tutter? Isn't the same said of potato chips. ;)

ShellieESterling

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well thanks a lot guys :lol: I pulled a pod that appeared to be full today and munched away on those little peas... Normally, I hate peas (cooked) but these are good :/ Ut oh...

:gig

BearSwampChick

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Our stupid resident groundhog has eaten our pea plants to the ground for the second time, despite having an electric fence wire surrounding them! I guess no peas for me this year. We are definitely building an enclosure around our garden before next spring!

GardenGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share....we got our first pea pods!!! :dance The first one was finally big enough to "bring in." I had to describe to my DH what it was like. :lol: I picked it, washed it with the hose, and ate it. I told him it could not have been any fresher, unless I nibbled it right off the plant!

lavacaw

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am so jealous....we just can't seem to grow green peas here and I love them! It gets too hot too fast for them to make enough to bother with. I tried them in the fall garden but can't seem to figure exactly when to plant them. My green beans have already succumbed to the 90+ temperatures but the long beans and limas are going full blast. Somebody please eat a pea for me....please?:th

Latest posts