Peach Trees / Apricot Tree

Franciee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
HELP I have two peach tree's (not big) and one apricot tree in my front yard the peach trees's are about 50ft apart and the apricot tree is between the two. What do I need to do to make them produce fruit. Thank you
Francine,Texas

Franciee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
No not really I read in Mother Earth News you should not prune them for some reason in regard to blooming. Not really sure but also only to prune low branch or branches?

KayRI

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Are you getting flowers? What kind of peaches and apricots? I think that unless you have a self-pollinating apricot, you need to plant pollinators with it. I think most peach trees are self pollinating.

I prune my peaches and apricot trees, the way I prune most things. Take out dead branches, crossing branches and uprights, but mine are about 8-10 years old.
kay

Franciee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I really do not know what kind they are I bought them at Southerlands one is only a year old and the other I just got this year. The one I got this year has three little peaches on it. The one from last year had about three last year but now nothing but I moved and transplanted it. The same with the apricot this year guess I will just wait and see.

KayRI

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Sound like they are just young, or are in a bit of transplant shock. With luck you have the self-pollinating varieties.

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
From what I have been reading most fruit trees do better with more than one which is what you have, it sounds like all you need is the blossoms and the bees.

Latest posts