Peppers

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Carol, it may be hard to duplicate the way I do them.
I start with about a pint of jalapeño juice, I get it from a local sandwich shop that gets their jalapeños in half gallon jars and they save me the left over juice and jug. I use a package of Mrs Dashes pickling mix just the way its directions say I add the jalapeño juice to the mix also. Cook every thing up. Slice the peppers into about quarter inch rings and add them to the mix.
I cold pack, no heat once the peppers are in the jar.
Wait about a week before using any. After the initial packing you can add more as they become available.

THANX RICHp

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, it may be hard to duplicate the way I do them.
I start with about a pint of jalapeño juice, I get it from a local sandwich shop that gets their jalapeños in half gallon jars and they save me the left over juice and jug. I use a package of Mrs Dashes pickling mix just the way its directions say I add the jalapeño juice to the mix also. Cook every thing up. Slice the peppers into about quarter inch rings and add them to the mix.
I cold pack, no heat once the peppers are in the jar.
Wait about a week before using any. After the initial packing you can add more as they become available.

THANX RICHp
Thanks for the info, too hot for me! Son might be interested though.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've been getting about a half gallon of banana peppers every 2 days. Last night I went out to pick some and the deer had eaten every leaf off of every plant!!!!
They didn't touch any peppers, just the foliage.
THANX RICH

Well it seems like I jumped the gun!!!
Yesterday I was out in the garden picking some tomatoes and looked up to see our donkeys eating what was left of the leaves on my pepper plants.
Whoda guassed???

THANX RICH

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Well it seems like I jumped the gun!!!
Yesterday I was out in the garden picking some tomatoes and looked up to see our donkeys eating what was left of the leaves on my pepper plants.
Whoda guassed???

THANX RICH
Sorry!! :hugs
The fenced in area, 55' x 65', that is NOW my training area was first a garden. I created a not the best fencing to grow and it really produced. I planted cantaloupe and was anxiously awaiting for the bigger one to mature. I look over while I am working there to see my 16'2'' TW (horse), "Trogdor" put his head over the fence, grab the cantaloupe and chomp it down, 4 bites.
At least Somebody got to enjoy it!
Think you need to move your vegetable garden. MY horses would eat pretty much everything I grow!