Perennial Shade Plant Suggestions Needed

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Not much done this weekend. I had a closing Saturday morning in town and then shopping for animal feed and bedding ate up most of the day. Sunday was GOING to be a big workday at DD's house, and then, a massacre. DH had made up a box in the living room for the female cat to have her kittens, which she DID. My dog, "Rose", who is slowly dying of an immunosuppressive disorder (before Prednizone, she had her jaws frozen shut), decided that the 4 kittens were baby rabbits and she killed and ate them all.
TOTALLY blew my workday.
I did manage on Friday to put in a blue creeping phlox in the bed (the one pictured earlier), and it's the 16" strip facing due south. DD has a solar light there, so I didn't want anything tall. I'm betting it fills the space in a few years and will need cutting back.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Mother cat has forgotten about it already. DH was REALLY torn up, but he's now thinking that she was very young and killed them herself...and then the dog ate them.
STILL grisley! :sick
She'll have another litter in about a month or so, then I'm gonna try to find some Vet students to spay both she and her sister (who has hidden her litter in the barn in back of the hay.)
Meanwhile, back at the DD project...
I pulled the hardware off of the missing gate so that I can paint the post tonight. I'm going to spray paint all of the hardware black and we will paint (after repairs) All of the fencing white. Very traditional, very clean, and very neat and tidy.
ONE nice thing--BOTH my tiller and bag mower started right up this week. THAT's a first. :th

Latest posts