Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
CAT_2013 (1).jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lake Champlain, the home of Nessie's cousin Champ. View from Peru, New York looking toward Vermont on the far side of the lake.

View attachment 22105

I really like this picture @jackb . I'm not an artist, but I find such interesting elements of composition in it. The stump points to the tree, the tree to the jetty, the jetty to Vermont. The clouds above Vermont echo the trees shape... Strong picture.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really like this picture @jackb . I'm not an artist, but I find such interesting elements of composition in it. The stump points to the tree, the tree to the jetty, the jetty to Vermont. The clouds above Vermont echo the trees shape... Strong picture.

If Champ came to the surface I would be famous and the photo would be perfect.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is a less exciting view of the lake. The sand has a lot of garnet mixed in giving it a dark appearance. Garnet, a gemstone, is mined in huge quantities in the Adirondacks. They use it for abrasives among other things. It is also used in road constructrion, so that the roads sparkle at times in the sunlight. They frequently discover old ship wrecks from colonial times in the lake.

lc3.jpg

Latest posts